Visit Mrs. Leon's Google Classroom page for Humanities assignment information: classroom.google.com
October 5, 2015
We are beginning work on our best narrative. We have spent time in class and there is more to do tonight. The writers are asked to revise, meaning "to see again." This means that writers will see their narrative in a new way, and add details, get rid of words and phrases that do not contribute to the narrative in an interesting way, and create a piece of writing that has a clear beginning, middle and end.
Finishing this revision is their homework tonight.
Thank you for your support.
September 24, 2015
I hope I will see you at Back to School Night this evening, but if I don't, here is an update:
- I haven't graded anything yet (in case you are checking out Synergy).
- Our Writer's Workshop is going well as the students are learning to find ideas for personal narratives. We write every day.
- I won't grade any writing for another couple of weeks.
- We are also studying Ancient Greece. The students have practiced taking Cornell Notes on the impact of geography in that region.
- Tomorrow the students will work on a map of Ancient Greece and we will quickly move on to The Rise of Democracy.
- There will be a test after this section.
Thank you for all that you do. I am enjoying your students very much.